fashion, food, home decor for a fickle heart

En ville



Yesterday was the perfect Christmas shopping day! and by that I mean claustrophobic, uncomfortable and aggravating. It was glorious! Okay, it actually wasn't so bad. Yes, it was really busy and the queues were ridiculous –in Chapters and Indigo especially, but they really did a good (and fast) job despite the chaos– but through it all I managed to keep my cool (I don't handle crowds well). We did really well, considering. The Boy's family Christmas is going to be especially crowded this year. Aunts, uncles, cousins and some friends of the family are either flying or driving in from every which way. The Boy is not one to skimp at Christmas and he felt that everyone should have something to open. We even managed to squeeze in time for a Starbucks latte and a jaunt to H&M. It's utterly ridiculous to think that I can walk by an H&M and not pop in.

Le butin...




We caught the 8 o’clock showing of James Cameron’s Avatar in 3D. I hadn’t seen a single trailer for this movie, just a poster. I didn’t know what to expect. All I knew was that Weta Digital (the geniuses that brought Middle-Earth alive) had signed on to produce the movie, and instantly my expectations got higher. They did not disappoint! No one who was part of this movie did! The planet, Pandora, where the story takes place is beautiful and the Na’vi look awesome. I had to keep reminding myself that I was watching a CGI-created world. The Official Avatar Movie Website looks very cool and is definitely worth a look.

As I've already mentioned, I love Montreal at Christmas especially at night... After the movie, the streets were quiet, the air was crisp and the lights looked lovely...

'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment