fashion, food, home decor for a fickle heart

Des Reliques

I was walking down the street one day when I saw this little store called Le Reliquaire, and I just kept on walking. Another day I drove passed it. I kept passing in front of this store that looked really interesting, but I just couldn't bring myself to walk in, which is a feeling I frequently get when it comes to small, mom&pop-type shops (I know, it's silly. I'm working on it).
Anywho, one day I was walking down the street with my mum when I told her my desire to see what the store was all about, and that was all it took.
At first it was really disconcerting. Oddly, the store is in what could only be described as an apartment. It feels like you're just walking into someone's home.
It turns out the store is basically just a constant garage sale! It's lovely! They sell all kinds of vintage pieces: furniture, toys, vinyl records, pictures...It's like Salvation Army, only better! For my first visit I just got 2 laminated pictures...
Le Baiser de l'Hotel de Ville by Robert Doisneau


Vermouth Torino by Marcello Dudovich

In fact, these 2 pieces began my wall deco project in my living room.
 
Le Reliquaire is on Promenade Fleury in Montreal. Click here for more information on this store and others on Promenade Fleury.

No comments:

Post a Comment