fashion, food, home decor for a fickle heart

For all the pack rats out there...

It's hard to get rid of stuff. Consequently my apartment has turned into quite a medley of memories.I’ve decided it is time to cut ties with many, many knick-knacks that I have collected over the years. The seemingly meaningless stuff I’ve been hoarding all this time all have a special place in my heart, but enough is enough. People who walk into the living room are instantly overwhelmed with all the pictures, stuffed animals, candles, books and all kinds of random other things like a parking meter, a vase of beer caps and a crying Buddha...I think it’s time to say goodbye to some of my least treasured memories...

These, however, I will never get rid of

The black leather horse my dad got me when I was a kid with an acute love for "horseys!"
But then I ask myself, isn't it the sheer amount of stuff in the apartment that give it character? Perhaps people are overwhelemed at first, but friends that have been over a couple of times still haven't seen all there is to see. It's cool to see them just stand there for a few minutes taking it all in.
The truth is I doubt I'll be able to give up more than a couple of things...I'll probably just end up moving everything around, decide that it's just too painful to be parted with my cherished junk and give up...baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment